A Return to Biblical Theology
Pseudo Christian Cult
"What is indisputably, absolutely, and uncompromisingly essential to the Christian religion is its doctrine of salvation... If Dispensationalism has actually departed from the only way of salvation which the Christian religion teaches, then we must say it has departed from Christianity. No matter how many other important truths it proclaims, it cannot be called Christian if it empties Christianity of its essential message. We define a cult as a religion which claims to be Christian while emptying Christianity of that which is essential to it. If Dispensationalism does this, then Dispensationalism is a cult and not a branch of the Christian church. It is as serious as that. It is impossible to exaggerate the gravity of the situation."
John H. Gerstner, Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth: A Critique of Dispensationalism (Brentwood TN: Wolgemuth & Hyatt, 1991), 150.
1. Why Argue About Doctrine?
2. What is Dispensationalism?
3. Is Dispensational Premillennialism Different from Historic Premillennialism?
4. How Does Dispensationalism Deny the Gospel?
The Scofield Problem
The Chafer Problem
The Kingdom Offer
Israel and the Church
The New Covenant
5. How the Pretribulational Rapture Denies the Gospel
6. Questions for Dispensationalists
7. Appendices of Great Importance
8. The Origins of Dispensationalism
Back to SOVEREIGN POTTER