Beliefs and Convictions
I firmly hold and openly preach, and teach the glorious doctrine of grace which is:
1. The total depravity of man. Man is completely ruined in all his faculties by sin and is utterly unable and unwilling to turn to God. Man does not have a free will but is helplessly enslaved to sin and Satan.
2. The unconditional, personal, distinguishing, gracious election of God. God chose before the creation of the world those individuals whom He would save. He did not make this choice based on any foreseen merit or faith on the part of the elect but rather according to His own purpose in grace.
3. The particular redemption of Christ.; The Lord Jesus died a vicarious, efficacious death meaning He did not die for all men to make their salvation possible but rather He died only for the elect so as to secure their salvation and to render it certain.
4. The invincible grace of the Holy Spirit. Those whom the Father elected and the Son redeemed the Holy Spirit regenerates so as to infallibly bring then to repentance from sin, and faith in Jesus Christ so that they personally receive the salvation intended for them.
5. The preservation and perseverance of the saints. Those in whom the application of redemption is begun in regeneration will be kept walking in the ways of God through sanctification until they are finally brought safely to heaven and receive their glorification.
It is in this way that God saves sinners by His sovereign grace which results in God receiving all the glory for their being saved. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8,9.
I believe in the autonomy of the local church. Each assembly of believers is to be independent and self-governing. There are to be no popes, bishops, synods, denominations or any other unbiblical heirarchies to answer to and to be corrupted by. God's will is for congregational rule with elders and deacons as church officers. Immersion in water of believers is the only true biblical baptism. Infant baptism is no true baptism. Jesus Christ is the only Head and Lawgiver of the church. The Bible is the only and all-sufficient rule of our faith and practice.
I believe in the single, personal, visible, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory at the last day to raise all men from the dead for the final and general judgment. This will be immediately followed by the creation of the new heavens and the new earth, which is the eternal state. Christ's return is the final event of history.
I believe both dispensationalism and covenant theology to be erroneous hermeneutical systems.
It is my desire to preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified to the glory of God and the salvation of souls.
I believe the Bible in the entirety of its 66 books is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God preserved in English.
I believe there is only one true God. He is a Trinity. He is one God eternally existing in three co-equal Persons; Father and Son and Holy Ghost.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, Lord, Christ and the only Savior of men. He is the God-man, true God and true man in one Person and the one Mediator between God and men. He died a substitutionary death on the cross for the sins of His people, was buried, and rose again bodily from the dead the third day.
Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ and His finished work of redemption alone. It is not by the free will or good works or religion of man.
I believe in the total depravity of all men by sin; the personal, eternal election of God unto salvation; the particular redemption of the elect by Christ's blood; the irresistible grace of the Holy Spirit in effectual calling; and the final perseverance of the saints in faith and holiness.
I hold to the Baptist distinctives that the Bible is our only and all-sufficient rule of faith and practice; the autonomy of the local church; regenerate church membership; only two church ordinances, baptism and the Lord's table; baptism is of believers only by immersion in water; the priesthood of the believer; and the separation of church and state, the practice of close communion, receiving only those who are members in good standing of a church of like faith and practice.
I believe in the personal, visible, bodily return of Jesus Christ from heaven in glory on the last day to raise the dead and to judge all men. The wicked shall then go into everlasting punishment and the righteous into life eternal.
I believe arminianism, dispensationalism, covenant theology, paedobaptism, legalism, antinomianism, divorce and remarriage, Romanism, liberalism, ecumenicalism, and pentecostalism are false doctrines, movements, and practices.
What You Need To Be Believing to be right also